Thursday 7 March 2013

First Race and an upate


Just a little update on what’s been happening here..


So I’ve been pretty slack at the blog as It’s pretty full on here! NOT. Each day consists on riding, eating, playing Xbox and sleeping. So life’s pretty chilled at the moment. After my crash got stuck back into training as I had my first race of the season on the Sunday. I would like to say a HUGE thanks to CRAFT CLOTHING for supplying me with all my winter kit which is keeping me warm on the cold days! (gets to -3 some days!) It’s fair to say that I felt pretty crap all week but none the less was still pumped for my first European race!


During the week leading up to the race a few boys were sick so Chad and I decided to get out of the house for a day and travel to Besancon. Was a pretty cool day to get out and explore a big town (well bigger than Morteau).

The Race on the Sunday was called Criterium du Printemps (Credit Mutuel) and had about 120 starter. The course was real cool with 8 laps of an 11k circuit. Each lap had a 1.5km climb to the finish line with rolling hills throughout. It was real windy as well. I started the race in usual fashion and went blocks as soon as the nutural flag was down and eventually got clear of the bunch and was out fron solo for the first 3 laps until a group of about 20 came across. The group wasn't going very fast but eventually it was brought down to about 10. I didn't have any team mates in the group which sucked as one of the teams still had 6 or so riders in the group. Eventually I got away with a rider from the team who didn't have to do any work all day as his team was working for him. I was pretty smashed by this point with about 20k to go we had a 2min gap. I kept hitting him throughout but he was too strong so I rolled over for 2nd. Was pretty happy considering my less than ideal week leading up to the race.


Last night we had a meeting with the sponsors and it went really good except none of us understood what anyone was saying. They played this 10min long video of something that looked like a documentary you watch in primary school about cows and water. Anyway it ended up being a successful night as Chad and I become mates with some guy who gave us a good kg of bread, heaps of cheese and a big pie that he stole from the kitchen I think!!


This weekend we have a Federal Junior Race on the other side of France ( 9 HOUR DRIVE). I’m tolled is very important and prestigious with 180 or so riders starting. Really looking forward to racing with the best France has to offer!

Also i think its about 5 degrees warmer than what it is here!! WOOP

Scott

1 comment: